Vibrating Circular Membranes
- Vibrating circular membranes do not vibrate with a harmonic series yet they do have an overtone series, it is just not harmonic.
- Vibrating circular membranes are two-dimensional and they can vibrate in many modes simultaneously.
- Vibrating circular membrane modes are the patterns of the vibration.
- Vibrating circular membrane nodal points are lines and circles which remain at rest while the other parts of the membrane are in a state of motion.
- Vibrating circular membrane modes have two sets of nodal points; nodal circles and nodal diameters.
- Mode designation: the first number gives the number of diametric nodes, and the second the number of circular or concentric nodes.